For over 35 years, Matrix has provided a range of development services ranging from highly specialised sectoral expertise to project and programme management. Matrix teams have carried out more than 600 assignments for a wide array of clients including government ministries, bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, international NGOs and NGO networks, cooperatives and community groups.
The key to our success is that Matrix:
- Works in a number of sectors including: urban development, decentralisation and municipal management, physical planning, land reform, rural development & agriculture, climate change, grant management, capacity building, education, governance, poverty reduction and institutional development;
- Spans the policy cycle (i.e., research/evidence, policy making, strategy/action plans, implementation, review), as well as the programme cycle (identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation);
- Understands Eastern & Southern Africa: the institutions, governments, civil society, culture and languages;
- Can access a highly experienced roster of experienced regional consultants and has long experience in partnering with companies from North America, Europe and Africa;
- Has developed a respected capacity for managing long-term projects which provides added value to our international partners;
- Is the hub for the Mashariki Development Network that provides access to regional expertise and insights.